Cookbook: Vegetable LumpiaKirsten Palma
Sep 05, 2014
Most of my favorite foods contain meat, but I love vegetable lumpia. It is a Filipino dish. The name “vegetable lumpia” can be misleading because it can be altered to your preference and include meat products.
Among other ingredients, my family’s recipe includes raisins and ground beef. I love trying new things and have attempted the recipe, except I eliminated the meat, raisins and eggs.
I admit that I am a hopeless person when it comes to cooking, but this dish is relatively easy to make.
Serving Size: 14
- 1/2 pound of toge (bean sprouts)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of onion
- Frozen mixed vegetables (preferably with at least carrots and peas)
- Egg roll wrappers
- Sotanghon/cellophane noodles/bean thread noodles
1. Wash 1/2 pound of toge.
2. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and ½ cup of onions. Preferably, use a food processor to get the mixture as fine as possible.
3. Turn on the stove heat to high.
4. Boil the sotanghon until it barely softens. Make sure there is still water leftover in the pot.
5. Lower the heat of the stove to medium high and place about half of the bag of frozen vegetables into the same pot as the sotanghon.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of salt into the mixture.
7. Place a lid over the pot to let the vegetables steam.
8. Lower the heat of the stove to medium.
9. Place the toge into the pot and mix it well.
10. Mix in the garlic and onion.
11. Let the mixture cook for 10 minutes or until the frozen vegetables are defrosted and cooked completely.
12. Allow the mixture to cool.
1. Place the finished product into the center of the egg roll wrapper.
2. Take two opposite corners and fold them inward.
3. Take the bottom corner and start rolling upwards.
4. Use water to seal the egg roll with the last (top) corner of the wrapper.
5. Deep fry until the wrapping is golden brown.
6. Serve with duck sauce or eat plain.
I advise allotting a couple of hours to making this recipe which is worth the effort. You can make extras and freeze them for another day. Enjoy!